Receiving massage throughout your pregnancy can be so important for the wellbeing of the pregnant client. It is common for prenatal massages to to be oily, superficial, or too light. Oftentimes, massage therapists are hesitant to work on pregnant clients due to the lack of education in some massage school curriculum. I am passionate about giving pregnant clients deeply therapeutic and relaxing massages. Pregnancy massage CAN be firm without doing harm. There are SO MANY amazing benefits to receiving massage throughout your pregnancy, including:
- Reduces pain in back, sciatic nerve, ribs, neck, shoulder; relieves jaw tension
- Maintaining healthy circulation
- Promotes relaxation and lowers cortisol, the stress hormone
- Treats deeper physiological responses to the stages of pregnancy, including digestion, breathing, high blood pressure, and lymphatic drainage
- Reduces ligament strain
- Helps musculoskeletal structural alignment and integration throughout pregnancy, during birth, and postpartum.
Receiving massage is safe for ALL TRIMESTERS of pregnancy. Massages will be given face down until the client is uncomfortable or until Week 22, then they will be put into a side lying position as well as semi-reclined face up.